Thursday, September 18, 2008

Native American Women in the Labor Force

This collage is comprised of images I found online and personal photos. The online searches produced images of Native women cooking or selling food and other traditional fair, such as clothes or artwork. I also got statistics on labor in Canada, the bar graph, and on Alaskan Native employment, the quotes. I wanted to represent some more modern occupations held by Native women, so I also used photos of my friend who is a model. She is also an identical twin. Both sisters got into modeling, but now one has become a photographer. She took the pictures of her sister and her sister's baby, the images one in the middle on the far left and the one in the middle on the far right. The other picture was taken by another photographer.

No comments: